Re: [CQ-Contest] Is it time to reevaluate CQWW Scoring Rules?

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Is it time to reevaluate CQWW Scoring Rules?
From: "Albert Crespo" <f5vhj@orange.fr>
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2009 14:44:18 -0000
After reading all the comments, especially the one by HA5PP, I finally got
it that this has been nothing but a joke.
 If the new scoring requirement is based on distance between contacts , what
happens when you work some one, like a UA9/UA0, that does not submit a log?
Does the sponsor "guess" the distance? Or what  about a W6 transmitting from
New Hampshire that does not send in log? Again,  the sponsor "guesses" the
distance?
 Of course the remedy would be a  new exchange. That would  will be the
latitude and longitude coordinates. That will get rid of the  599 + robot
zone exchange that others cry about.  This will  show off  CW  skills by
being able to copy all those unique reports ( try copying 18 56 N 74 35 W in
a QRM pile Up) If you bust the exchange, get ready for a penalty.
If the casual operator does not know their exact location, they can leave
the radio off.
The present scoring system is not broken, and it should be left alone.
If you don't win for the class of your operation because  of your location
and are not satisfied, operate from a place that you can.