[CQ-Contest] Is it time to reevaluate CQWW Scoring Rules?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Is it time to reevaluate CQWW Scoring Rules?
From: "wally" <wally@el-soft.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2009 17:02:59 +0300
Zoltan,

Unfortunately as my friend S56A said - OM Power OM3500 PAs have became a norm
for quite a number of contesters in Europe and elsewhere :-(.

Other wide spread option, at least in Europe, are "R-140" Russian military
stn PAs where GU43b was replaced with GU78 giving out 4 KW instead of 1.3 Kw.

In todays situation stations using 1500 W must be reclassified in HP-LP (less
high power ) category :-).

73, Wally LZ2CJ

Is it time to reevaluate CQWW Scoring Rules?
Zoltan Szoke ha5pp_zoli at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 13 01:16:21 PST 2009

I have to add the follow factor(s) for this 'clever' topic:

* In HP cathegory need to difference between powers (somewhere the power
limit is 400 Watts - this is big handicap in 1500 Watts cathegory...sri, I
mean OM-Power 4000 Watts cathegory... :)

Bonus steps (by 500 Watts) would be:

DX QSO with   500 W: 3 x 1.2 points