[CQ-Contest] Magic GP antenna

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Magic GP antenna
From: Zoltan Szoke <ha5pp_zoli@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 00:20:10 -0800 (PST)
Hi Guys, I need your helps/opinions.
I play often with MMANA antenna modeling software. May be I found out a 'new'
magic GP antenna. :)) That is a simple vertical with 2 radials (only 2!), but
one of them little bit longer and the other is little bit shorter, (the rate is
very important). When I try to change this rate with 2 radials, then the MMANA
can show the vertical as a beam antenna (with 3-4-6-10 dBi gain). :) Is that
possible or the MMANA plays with me? :) (For example, on 20 meters, 5 meters
vertical 1 meter up from normal soil (real ground) and the end of the radials
(4.47 an 5.26 m longs then the gain is 3.73 dBi...with other rate go up to
10.88 dBi :)) are 0.2 m up from the ground.)

73 and happy Holidays
Zoli
HA5PP