[CQ-Contest] CQ TEST or CQ DX

To: "CQ-Contest Reflector" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] CQ TEST or CQ DX
From: "Ward Silver" <hwardsil@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 22:58:01 -0800
Part of the reason US stations call is that we are calling "CQ TEST", not "CQ
DX".  95% of the time, somebody calling "CQ TEST" is perfectly happy to get a
contact from anywhere, including same-country stations.  I'm not suggesting
anybody change the way they call CQ, just pointing out that from the call it is
not intuitively obvious that only DX stations are being sought.  Work 'em and
move on - if you log them, fine.  If you are getting a lot of them, then maybe
calling CQ DX would be a good strategy.

73, Ward N0AX (thanks to our DX friends for great fun at K3LR)