Re: [CQ-Contest] Cluster network update - was: Reverse Beacon Network- t

To: "K1TTT" <K1TTT@ARRL.NET>, <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Cluster network update - was: Reverse Beacon Network- too much success?
From: "David Kopacz" <david.kopacz@aspwebhosting.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2010 11:19:52 -0600
While everything you say may be true, it has absolutely no impact on securing
the system from anonymous abuse.

As simple as it is for DNS to be controlled by root servers and replicated
worldwide, a database of authorized users could as easily be implemented and
replicated to all node, leaving the connectivity architecture intact.

Organizations such as ARRL DARC and other volunteers could easily take on the
task of verifying amateurs for access.

Once completed, it will be a simple task to identify abusers.

It seems to me, the only people who would desire the system to remain open to
anonymous abuse would be those wishing to abuse the system or support those
that already do abuse it.

You won't ever sell me on a position that it can't be done or it's too hard or
to challenging.

KY1V

Sincerely,

David Kopacz, CTO
Rational Certified Developer, MCSE+I

ASPwebhosting.com, LLC
Microsoft Certified Partner
4044 Fort Campbell Blvd, #308, Hopkinsville, Kentucky 42240 1.888.277.9320 U.S.
& Canada
1.502.410.2922 International

SIP: dial@freecall.aspwebhosting.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE:
The information contained in this electronic transmission is PRIVILEGED and
CONFIDENTIAL information intended only to be viewed by the individual, entity
or entities named as recipient(s). You are hereby notified that any
dissemination, distribution or copy of this communication is strictly
prohibited and a violation of your service agreement. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify ASPwebhosting.com, LLC immediately by
electronic mail or by telephone and permanently delete this message from your
computer.