Re: [CQ-Contest] Where are Big M/M from USA in WPX ?

To: K1TTT <K1TTT@arrl.net>, Contest Reflector <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Where are Big M/M from USA in WPX ?
From: Luc PY8AZT <py8azt@dxbrasil.net>
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2010 10:50:33 -0300
2010/4/4 K1TTT <K1TTT@arrl.net>:
>> I would say that if organizers of Russian DX Contest include a M/M
>> category
>> in RDXC it will very soon get same prestige as WPX and ARRL.
>
> Probably not.  At only 24 hours it is short for a m/m event.  It takes a lot
> of effort to setup and run m/m so anything under 48 hours isn't likely to
> catch on with the big stations.

Small events like 24h contest could be a nice opportunity to newbies
get started.
I don't know about your neighborhood, but here we have a lot of wannabe DXer and
Contester that never had the chance to drive a large station. So, we promote
little events to get this guys into Contest and DX. It doesn't demand a massive
M/M preparation, but worth just few hours on the air.

--
73, Luc
__