Re: [CQ-Contest] A new "DX cluster" experience for contesters

To: n4zr@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] A new "DX cluster" experience for contesters
From: Ryan Jairam <rjairam@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2010 19:24:37 -0400
I may be a relative newbie in the contesting world, but I can't see
how we can effectively ban cluster/packet/RBN use, nor do I think it
will have much of an effect in making contests more fair or
challenging.

Remember that not everyone who works a contester sends in a log.  Some
people may just "hand out points" or work a few contesters because
they want to play radio or maybe work a new one...and not even send in
a checklog.

So in other words, regardless of what the rules say, use of assistance
technologies is not going to stop, or probably even slow down.

That said, I am ALL in favor of keeping assisted and unassisted
categories separate for single op.  In other words, the current status
quo is just fine for me.

73,
Ryan, N2RJ