Re: [CQ-Contest] Use of CW decoders in contests - a contrarian opinion

To: CQ Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Use of CW decoders in contests - a contrarian opinion
From: Zack Widup <w9sz.zack@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 29 May 2010 10:03:49 -0500
If two or more people within your station operate or assist your station,
you're a Multi-Op. I've always understood assisted to mean "Assisted by a
source external to your station." Any electronics, computers, etc. within
your station that are not human still makes you a single-op in my book.

But I'm probably wrong, as usual.

As has been said, where do we draw the line? Do keyers make you "assisted"?
Does computer logging make you "assisted"? Does computer-generated CW or
voice keyers make you "assisted"? Does someone bringing you a pizza make you
"assisted"?

Zack W9SZ