Re: [CQ-Contest] Use of CW decoders in contests - a contrarian opinion

To: "'CQ Contest'" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Use of CW decoders in contests - a contrarian opinion
From: "K1TTT" <K1TTT@ARRL.NET>
Date: Sat, 29 May 2010 15:22:28 +0000
In rtty contests a so2r operator can easily decode signals on both radios
simultaneously without using any brain power... is that different?  In fact,
if you set it up properly you can decode both vfos on both radios, giving
you 4 ears... and that is still s/o unassisted.  Just because I'm not as
good at decoding 2 ears worth of cw at once, or maybe am deaf in one ear,
should that prevent me from using the 2nd radio?

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net