Re: [CQ-Contest] Use of CW decoders in contests - a contrarian opinion

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Use of CW decoders in contests - a contrarian opinion
From: David Levine <david@levinecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 30 May 2010 06:47:24 -0400
Steve,

If I compare the use of the CW decoder with a RTTY contest, we are using the
same exact software to make the same exact contacts, just with a different
mode. I guess the only difference in a RTTY contest is everyone is using a
decoder unless someone can copy RTTY in their heads.

We don't enter RTTY contests as assisted just for using a program to decode
to transmission. But like you, I have so far entered all CW contests as
Single Op Low Power Assisted.

K2DSL - David