Re: [CQ-Contest] IARU 2009 and 2010 and ????

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] IARU 2009 and 2010 and ????
From: Juan Hidalgo EA8CAC <ea8cac@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 16:05:49 +0100
2010/6/10 Franki ON5ZO <on5zo@telenet.be>

> The visionary that I am, I already saw this coming long time ago:
> http://lists.contesting.com/archives//html/CQ-Contest/2007-06/msg00373.html

Yes, that right !!!

This is a very interesting view point.   Any one can take a look to the
AO8HQ and DA0HQ logs and cluster spots.  DL´s can operate low bands (40 and
80) at mid day, and AO8 station only a few hours. DARC log have QSOs all day
and spots too in 160m but AO8HQ made his first QSO at 0100Z and the last at
07:00Z

DARC:
 40m: 24H
 80m:24H
160m:24H

URE:
40m: 12h
80m: 10h
160m :6h

That mean, most of the DARC QSOs are made within an area of 1500 km. But
Spanish Islands QSOs are NOT within an area of 1500km.

This is reason for different scoring !!!

On top 5, the scores difference is just a 10%  (2 continents & 3 zones) I
think that scoring (5,3,1pts) its not the problem.

The IARU contest got almost 20 years old and no problem happened, always the
rules was right. Why now they are not???

Don´t forget that the problem of IARU 2009 aren´t the 5,3,1 scoring, the
problem are 2500 QSO that can not be verified.

73s