Re: [CQ-Contest] AO8HQ vs DA0HQ - ARRL did the worse in two decisions

To: CQ contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] AO8HQ vs DA0HQ - ARRL did the worse in two decisions
From: "David J. Sourdis - HK1A" <hk1kxa@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 09:39:23 -0500

The first decision was a non decision.> The ARRL opted not to decide in the
claim of AO8HQ against DA0HQ.> ARRL says URE has provided no evidence of their
claim, but at the same time> declared there would be no winner, giving some
merit to AO8HQ claim
Jose, I desagree:
1 - ARRL made a decision. ARRL decided not to DQ a log with too many doubts.
2 - There are mails of owners of DL calls in the DL HQ log that stated they did
not made those Q's claimed by their HQ.Let's say that is not the HQ's fault to
log contacts with one op using multiple calls from others or his own calls, but
there is proof that those were illegal contacts, violating contest rules and I
dont know if goverment rules. Those Q's should not be accounted for the score.
3 - I have EA and HK calls. But I am sending this message from another country:
Contesting land, where many patriots here are worried about unfair play. A
beast that can kill the contests as we know them. In this land, I am sure that
many agree with me, that an example must have been set, and the ARRL missed the
opportunity to do so, big time. You can not hide the sun with your hands. In
some opportunities different contest organizers have made weak and lame
decisions, like just disappearing a log from the final results publication, no
DQ, no sanctions. If rules are not enforced, Contesting land will go down the
drain.
4 - Loosers here are: An institution's credibility and worst: Contesting in
general.
5 - The scoring is as set by the rules. There would be SOME equalization with a
distance-based scoring system, but that has been already discussed here.
6 - Many focus on the category elimination. IMO that's no the point. Something
more grave has happened here, or hasn't happened should I say.
David
HK1A
EC5KXA
ex-HK1KXA