Re: [CQ-Contest] IARU 2010 changes of rules

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>, <kx9x@ARRL.ORG>, "Sumner, Dave, K1ZZ" <dsumner@arrl.org>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] IARU 2010 changes of rules
From: "Radio K0HB" <kzerohb@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 22:09:17 -0000
ARRL has somewhat softened it's stance, and tacitly abandoned its'
unfortunate characterization "meaningless competition".  It still will not
score the HQ competition, but will share the HQ logs and cross-checking
results with a committee appointed by/from the HQ station participants
themselves.  That's a very positive move (in my opinion, Doug).

>From my no-skin-in-the-game perspective, I feel the HQ competition SHOULD
continue, with few if any throttles placed on it. Radiosport contesting
needs to have one "wild and wooly" space ("everything not specifically
prohibited is mandatory") to contain those competitors who want to test the
envelope. I think this competition is uniquely suited to that style.
73, de Hans, K0HB
--
Grand Exalted Liberator of the Fumes of Solder

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indisquishable from magic."
--Arthur C. Clark

"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced."
--K0HB