Re: [CQ-Contest] 599

To: CQ Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] 599
From: Zack Widup <w9sz.zack@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 08:35:18 -0500
Tradition or force of habit, I guess.

Somewhere I believe there is a statement or rule that in order for a QSO to
be valid, both stations must exchange callsigns and one other piece of info.
For DXpeditions it seems the best thing to send is a signal report. But many
contests require something else and don't require a signal report.

I don't recal most people sending a signal report in NAQP. I usually only
get signal reports from a couple stations I work in the VHF+ contests. And
those are REAL signal reports, not just 59(9).

73, Zack W9SZ