Re: [CQ-Contest] Speed Change Prevents Skimmer Spot

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Speed Change Prevents Skimmer Spot
From: Joe <nss@mwt.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 08:43:32 -0500
On 7/21/2010 2:16 AM, James Cain wrote:
> Excellent. Coincidentally, in the recent IARU activity, I set my NA software
> to send "599" at lightning speed, followed by a more sedate "8." Then it
> occurred to me that, duh, the op at the other end is expecting "8," too, so I
> turned up the speed on that. No problema. Not a single person asked me to
> repeat the 8. My whole exchange was just a machine-gun-like blur of dits and
> dahs.

But then the assumption you are in 08 is bad to fall into isn't it if
you are not as in like my case a 9 lander in Wisconsin,  but in 07,  of
I sent that lightning fast,  this also would probably go into many logs
as an 08.
> For years I have spaced out, my call sign that is ... K1 space T space N ...
> So I've been ahead of the curve on that.

My call is fine and can run fast and together, WB9SBD,  the rythym on CW
is nice at any speed,  But the club call, I also  have to do the spacing
thing
W9 space E space T  sent normallt it gets all messed up often especially
with the appearance of the 1 by 1's W9A

Joe WB9SBD
Driftless Zone Contesters W9ET