Re: [CQ-Contest] Speed Change Prevents Skimmer Spot

To: CQ Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Speed Change Prevents Skimmer Spot
From: Zack Widup <w9sz.zack@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 08:54:13 -0500
Well, that would be a good incentive for some people to actually LEARN
Morse. After their code readers make enough mistakes to lose them a
considerable number of QSO's, they might learn it and find out that they can
copy it more accurately themselves.
I copied the Night of Nights "benediction" sent by Denice Stoops on a bug at
0700Z on July 13. That was complete with deep QSB, QRN and a frequent
"brrrrrrrrrt" digi signal of some sort that kept transmitting on the same
frequency as the KPH transmission I was listening to. I doubt a code reader
would've copied the letters sent through the "brrrrrt".

As an aside, did anyone work K6KPH that night? Or operate from there? I
heard a signal on 7050 that sounded like K6KPH trying to set up a Morse
machine of some sort but it was pretty garbled.

73, Zack W9SZ