[CQ-Contest] RX-TX balance? (was: Re: "QTC?")

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] RX-TX balance? (was: Re: "QTC?")
From: Oliver "Olli" Dröse <droese@necg.de>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 22:23:23 +0200
Hi Luc,

> PS. I was at PW7T SOAB HP - thanks great fun weekand, in
> WAE SSB we'll be at PW7T as a team.

I was not actively playing in the contest just handing out a few QSOs to
test-drive my new radio. You were a really great signal into Germany, pounding
in at real 599 on a vertical on 15 m despite otherwise low conditions and lower
signals from others. BUT, what I do not understand is why you did not even QRZ
when I was calling you with 100 watts? Did exactly zero-beat, tried a few tens
of Hz up & down but no reaction at all, just CQing into my face again?! Not
understandable when other's being just 519/529 came right back to my first call!

By the way, it was not only you but with a few exceptions this rather seems to
be the norm with SA stations. In comparison NA stations usually do not have
that
problem. As I see that "phenomenon" in almost every contest when I run low
power
(From the math's it can't be that you don't hear me, right?) I really wonder
what the reasons are?

Too much power (bad balance between TX and RX)?
Too bad an RX?
One way propagation?
QRM? QRN?
Distraction by nice girls? ;-))

No pun intended here, I just want to know the perspective from your end (or
other SA stations) and find tactics how to log you the next time again. ;-))

Vy 73 & gl,
Olli - DH8BQA