Re: [CQ-Contest] "QTC?"

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] "QTC?"
From: K1AR@aol.com
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 09:08:54 EDT
Pete,

Over the years, no one has hated QTCs more than me. That being said, I now
realize it's part of fabric of this particular contest. WAE is not simply
about  rate. My new enlightened view is that QTCs will be solicited at all
times during the contest and that's just fine with me (yes, I was asked at
0005Z  on Friday night). If I were a European competitor, I'd do the same
thing.

Like the NA Sprint and other contests, if we don't like the rules/style of
the contest, we don't operate. Asking others to lower their competitive
edge to  enhance our North American fun is not reasonable. This is a
European-run  contest. For once, it's time for North America to let our
European
colleagues run the show the way they want to do it. I applaud  their efforts.
Given the activity levels this weekend, I'd say the WAE contest  is alive and
well.

73 John, K1AR

In a message dated 8/15/2010 7:14:30 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,