Re: [CQ-Contest] "QTC?"

To: n2ic@arrl.net
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] "QTC?"
From: Mats Strandberg <sm6lrr@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 00:16:36 +0400
Steve, you probably have a valid point in your comment...

However, I must say that this year was my first "half-serious" attempt in
WAE.

As a European station with moderate equipment, QTCs really enhanced the
feeling of the contest. Even if I did not have the power to beat the biggest
piles, the result in the contest became really nice thanks to the QTCs...

215 QSOs and more than 400 received QTCs ended up in 120 k points for a
really relaxed effort.

Next year I will for sure make a bigger effort in WAE, because it is indeed
a contest that creates a challenge for the operator skills, and not just
make the big guns a winner.

Anyone that is capable to receive QTCs will benefit trememndously in the
overall competition - and this person will not significantly miss the huge
amplifiera and stacked arrays. He can still be in the top due to smart
balance between QSO, mults and received QTCs.

73 de R3/SM6LRR
Mats