Re: [CQ-Contest] /QRP

To: k7zd@qwest.net
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] /QRP
From: Tom Haavisto <kamham69@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 22:22:14 -0400
I sat in the the QRP forum at Dayton this year during a time-slot when
there was no contesting related forums going on that I was interested
in.  I very much enjoyed a comment that was made during the
presentation: "Work Contesters.  They have great ears, and they want
to work you" was the advise being given to the QRP crowd.  I took that
as a GREAT compliment for all of us.

Personally, I don't care if the other station is running QRP, LP or
QRP - just as long as they are loud enough for me to copy their
exchange.  Adding /QRP makes me have to work extra hard to try and
copy that extra bit, only to discard it when it goes in the log.

Tom - VE3CX

On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 9:59 PM, Gary <k7zd@qwest.net> wrote:
> Ron, I echo your comment! Last year I killed myself running 5W in a
> 'test.. but the real gents were the ones who patiently took care to copy
> my call..
<snip>