Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW CC Update

To: "Paul O'Kane" <pokane@ei5di.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW CC Update
From: "Radio K0HB" <kzerohb@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 19:15:36 -0000
I'm not quite the purist that Paul is.

This may shear a little wool off my personal definition.

Anything that happens INSIDE MY STATION and does not involve any other
on-the-air operator, whether technology or radioskills, does not (in my
opinion) constitute outside assistance.

This would (in my opinion) preclude outside skimmers, databases generated
from external logs, cluster spots, RBN's, etc.

It would, howver, (in my opinion) allow local skimmer, local decoder, SO2R,
SCP from my own previous logs, or any other skill or technology which is
totally implemented INSIDE MY STATION and depends on no QSO-related
information input by any outside facility.

The usual disclaimer for Doug --- the above is my personal opinion, and
should not be construed, in whole or in part, as binding on any other
operator, station owner, contest sponsor, or candidate of any organized
political party.

73, de Hans, K0HB
--
"Just a boy and his radio"