Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW Update

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW Update
From: "K1TTT" <K1TTT@ARRL.NET>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 00:10:42 +0000
Ah, but that does not prohibit use of spotting networks, which are
specifically allowed by:

4. Single Operator Assisted (All Band or
Single Band): ... QSO alerting assistance is
allowed (this includes, but is not limited to,
packet, local or remote Skimmer and/or
Skimmer-like technology, Internet). ...

And does that not rely on receivers beyond the 500m circle?  So, if I help a
friend set up a receiving system and they put spots into a packet spotting
network is that not legal?  If I replace that friend with a skimmer, what is
different?  Besides that the skimmer doesn't have to sleep or take bathroom
breaks, that is.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net