[CQ-Contest] CQ WW Update

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW Update
From: Bob Cox <bobk3est@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 15:48:59 -0800
November 24, 2010

CQ WW Update

The CQ WW Contest Committee would like to issue a clarification *to
part 4*from our last update (November 23, 2010).

*This clarification replaces the recently issued CQ WW Update part 4.*

*
*

Technology is advancing very rapidly.  The CQ WW Contest Committee wants to
make it clear about the use of Skimmer.

      A.   The use of a personal skimmer located within the distance rule
limitations (500m circle) of your QTH is *OK for all Multi-op and Assisted
categories.
*
     B.   The use of a *public *skimmer, *public* skimmer network,
*public*aggregator or the RBN is
*OK for all Multi-op and Assisted categories.
*
     C.    The use of a *PRIVATE *skimmer or *PRIVATE *skimmer network is *NOT
allowed (outside the 500m circle) for any category.
*

*
*

     D.    Remote receivers (including Internet-based SDRs,) which are
outside the 500m station circle, are *not permitted (strictly forbidden) for
ANY category.*

*
*

*We realize the words public and private are vague. The intent is that any
QSO spotting network outside of the 500m circle be available for anyone to
use. *

*
*

*73,*