Re: [CQ-Contest] How often do you do a LOTW upload?

To: "'Steve Lott'" <lottsphoto@gmail.com>, "'Barry'" <w2up@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] How often do you do a LOTW upload?
From: "Bill Parry" <bparry@rgv.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 07:58:34 -0600
I have been getting lazy as of late but my practice is to do all of my
QSLing chores at one time. When I get a box of cards from the bureau I use
my logging program to generate QSL cards for all the folks that sent me
cards and send them to the outgoing bureau. I generate the file for
uploading to LOTW and e-QSL. I download the file from LOTW and reintegrate
that file into my logging program. This usually happens either every other
month or every month depending on when I get cards from the bureau.

If I keep up with this process it only takes a couple of hours and I can
feel good about myself in getting cards out to everyone that wants one in a
reasonable time frame. If I wait too long I have found that guys send a
second and third card thinking I didn't get the first one!

My biggest problem is deciding what to do with all the QSLs I get. I cannot
throw away cards! I have four grand kids and I keep all the old cards that I
don't need for awards in a big drawer, and the kids use them for all kinds
of things like school projects, making card houses on the floor, and looking
at the cool pictures (makes for a good geography lesson.)

Bill W5VX