Re: [CQ-Contest] Suggestion for NAQP

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Suggestion for NAQP
From: Hank Greeb <n8xx@arrl.org>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 23:49:22 -0500
Thanks Al:

I figured I'd write the note in CQ-Contest to get the idea into the
contesting community.  I wrote the following to WA7BNM

As you can see from the message below, I think we Gringos are doing our
southern friends a disservice by lumping them all together into one
"bunch".  At least the ARRL has recognized them in the 10 metre contest
- and it was reported after the recent 10M contest that over 2/3 of the
"states" within Mexico were represented in the submitted logs.

Perhaps it's time for the folks who "run" the NCJ contests to seriously
consider our XE friends and their "states" as multipliers?  BTW, who
sets the rules for the NAQP? Are you one of these high honchos?  We make
an exception for the Non-North American "State" of Hawaii - and we allow
Yukon, NWT and Nunavut in Canada, each with a handful of hams, count as
multipliers, why not the 31 estados in Mexico?

If this has been discussed within the NAQP rules committee, in
conjunction with representatives of the Federacion Mexicana de Radio
Experimentadores - that's great!  Otherwise, perhaps my
question/suggestion should be considered?

73 de n8xx Hg