Re: [CQ-Contest] Technology against cheating?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Technology against cheating?
From: burbidge terence <terryburbidge@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 12:21:21 +0000
<<I would describe recordings, whether of a whole
band or from individual stations, as technology
which inherently inhibits cheating, in contrast
to some other technologies which facilitate
cheating.>>
Great idea. Perhaps we could employ a firm of forensic experts to replay and
report on the recordings? Even simpler, let's set up a 'Star Chamber' of
distinguished contesters to investigate. Not just cheating but also
behaviour. For example, start/stop the clock when an SO2R/VFO leaves his run
frequency to make Q elsewhere and someone like me jumps in and steals it.

Maybe take the Star Chamber findings to the International Court, complete
with the 'usual suspects' who could then be interrogated and eventually
tried for their offences.

For goodness sake!

Cheers,

Terry