Re: [CQ-Contest] Inverse Distance Based Scoring Proposal

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Inverse Distance Based Scoring Proposal
From: Charlie Gallo <Charlie@TheGallos.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2011 16:21:32 -0400
The other day, someone mentioned boats and the idea of a contest in a contest

I actually brought this up with a contester (I don't really consider myself
one, as I only play in the NYQP and Food Day (I mean field day) - and maybe
hand out a few other QSOs (although now that I have a new station....)

With the advent of public logs, we can create any contest we'd like inside
CQWW, and don't even have to ask (well, if we want to use their trademarks,
yeah we do, but you know what I mean)

Picture you're group XYZ, and have a Good Idea (tm) for how to change CQWW - I
call it it "the XYZWW" (or whatever).  So Long as the exchange doesn't change,
and the entry categories don't change, we can figure out what would be, and
group XYZ can actually give out their own awards etc

Eventually, if folks like the new scoring more, the new awards would mean
'more' than the old awards (aka people would winning the new award more
seriously than the old one)

Call it "Open source contesting"

--
73 de KG2V - Charles Gallo
Quality Custom Machine-shop work for the radio amateur (sm)