Re: [CQ-Contest] Leveling the playing field

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Leveling the playing field
From: Oliver Dröse <droese@necg.de>
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2011 23:03:23 +0200
Hi Joe & all,

that's why you would define *fixed* time slots for "wanted duping" (please
re-read David's suggestion), i.e. 6 hours. Meaning if the contest starts at
12 UTC you can work me once between 12 and 18 UTC, 18 and 24 UTC, 0 and 6
UTC, 6 and 12 UTC. No matter what operating times you decide on. Works very
well in the Estonian VHF/UHF/SHF contest! Although I believe the "time
slots" are shorter as is the whole contest so you can rework everybody after
2 hours already (didn't participate during the last years but makes sense
there as the activity is not too high).

But then I can already hear the whiners again as the playing field is still
not level as due to the birthday of their cats they only are able to operate
2 hours in every "dupe shift" ... ;-)) I really want to have your problems
... ;-))

73, Olli - DH8BQA