Re: [CQ-Contest] WPX & activity (Was: intended consequences)

To: "KL7RA" <kl7ra@ptialaska.net>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] WPX & activity (Was: intended consequences)
From: "Richard DiDonna NN3W" <richnn3w@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 21:45:45 -0400
Rich, I think part of the problem with WPX is not the operating rules but
the weekend on which it is held.  Memorial Day weekend is the unofficial
start of summer, and a lot of people skip town that weekend.  I have never,
ever been able to compete seriously in WPX because to do so would eventually
involve two attorneys and a division of assets.

Move it one week back or a couple weeks forward or switch it with WPX SSB
and I guarantee you'd have more people getting on....

73 Rich NN3W