Re: [CQ-Contest] radio-sport.net web site or copy and paste journalism

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] radio-sport.net web site or copy and paste journalism
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 10:36:48 -0700
It has been like that forever among contesters.  People are more willing
to ignore a confirmed cheat than they are the presumably honest mistake
of a useful contest resource.  An error outside of a contest is
considered more grievous than an error inside of a contest.  Where is
the indignation against those who clearly, consciously, and repeatedly
tried to cheat their way to an undeserved award?  Some of the higher
profile violators are still practically treated like celebrities.

And, of course, for every blatant instance of cheating there are likely
several other individuals who either witnessed it or knew about it.
Some of those people were likely complicit, but those who weren't are
cowards for not speaking out against it.

I am often appalled at the lack of public peer pressure and
self-policing among contesting ranks.  We deserve what we get.

73,
Dave   AB7E