Re: [CQ-Contest] End of contest and rewriting log

To: rob beaudoin <wa1fcn@charter.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] End of contest and rewriting log
From: "Jack/W6NF" <vhfplus@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 21:04:25 -0700
If an operator notes an error during the contest and makes appropriate notes
to him/herself how could anyone possibly rationalize *not* permitting
corrections, even after the contest. I understand the impropriety of making
changes based on outside information, but from your own notes made at, or
shortly after, the time the error was detected??? I think not.

73,

On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 6:12 PM, rob beaudoin <wa1fcn@charter.net> wrote:

> OK this is a legitimate concern of mine.
> KA1QQQ  has a fast run of station going  KX1XYZ calls
> him......He gets loged as KA1XYX In logging next qso he notices
> previous qso should of been KX1XYZ..  Many stations
> are calling and he just jots down on paper  #305  KX1XYZ  latter
> KZ6XXX  calls and gets loged as zone 3.
>  Then operator says darn he said zone 5.
> So jots down on paper   #409   zone 5.
> Latter station calls and gives him name John in hastes  he gets
> loged as Jim. Operator  says darn he said John.  operator jots down
> on paper # 455  John.  23:59:59 contest is over.  Operator  looks at
> a dozen or so paper notes and makes all corrections.
> Is this OK ?   You say no ....   how about this at 23:45 operator
> stops contest and makes all corrections in a few minutes,
> now is it ok? I do not  know it for a fact, but believe
> this is a common practice.  Would this be considered
> rewriting or masageing  your  log ??
> BoB WA1FCN

Jack, W6NF
Silver Springs, NV