Re: [CQ-Contest] End of contest and rewriting log

To: cq-contest@contesting.com, rob beaudoin <wa1fcn@charter.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] End of contest and rewriting log
From: RT Clay <rt_clay@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 23:06:11 -0700 (PDT)
That is not a problem. Contest rules do not require any specific method of
keeping a log during a contest, just the format for entries (usually Cabrillo).
So those extra notes on paper are part of your log.

If you wanted, you could use a logging program, but decide to write every 3rd
qso instead on a post-it note and every 100th qso on the back of your hand. It
is still a log.

Using other information sources (FCC database, comparison to other contest
logs, etc) to correct mistakes after the contest is not ok however.

Tor
N4OGW