Re: [CQ-Contest] Incomplete SS exchange

To: <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Incomplete SS exchange
From: "Mark Beckwith" <n5ot@n5ot.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2011 22:19:39 -0600
I don't think so.  He must have sent the callsign at some point, right?
(That only seems like I'm joking.)  I don't believe the contest sponsor has
ever enforced an exchange element required sending order.

That doesn't mean that it's bad form, but that's a different question.  It
*is* bad form.  Like you said, they probably think they've figured out an
ingenious way to maximize their efficiency.  I am certain the time spent
doing damage control more than negates the time savings.  You don't find the
guys in the winners' circle in SS omitting their callsign from the exchange.
This might be a clue.

All things considered, George, I know it's frustrating, but it's probably
better to revise your own operating style to better handle whatever the
other guys throw at you.

73 - Mark, N5OT