Re: [CQ-Contest] BOGUS QSO RATES!

To: George Fremin III <geoiii@kkn.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] BOGUS QSO RATES!
From: Gerry Hull <gerry@yccc.org>
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2011 11:55:37 -0500
Of course, I use non-phonetics as well.  It's a great technique. The
problem occurs
when the op on the other end does not recognize their own callsign when
not spoken in phonetics (it happens!).  Non-phonetics are great on
a reply, terrible when calling from the pile.

Very-rapid-fire SSB techniques are hard to explain.  There are not
hard and fast rules... you get a feel for what works best in a situation.

I remember as a newbie back in the 70s trying to figure out the callsign
that Pedro, NP4A, then KP4AST, was signing.  He was speaking so fast
I could not believe it.

Jeff (TJ) is even faster, but easier to understand.  I wonder if it's the
accent,
or perhaps I just have better ears now?

Gerry Hull, W1VE