Re: [CQ-Contest] CHECKLOGS -- another view CQWW-wise

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CHECKLOGS -- another view CQWW-wise
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 11:22:35 -0700
The real point for me is ... if the contest rules specify that logs will
be made public, why allow anonymity for anyone who still can affect the
scores of others?  That may be "no issue for the sponsor", but it is for
anyone who wants to understand how his score got reduced.  I find the
suggestion that we all just suck it up and make more QSOs to be a bit
deflecting.

By the way, the CQWW official rules don't say anything about not making
checklogs public.  Rule XI.4 simply states:

"By submitting a log to the CW WW Contest, the entrant agrees to have
the log open to the public."

Dave   AB7E

*
*