Re: [CQ-Contest] Headphones for CW

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Headphones for CW
From: Barry <w2up@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 17:29:34 -0700
My favorite headphones are Sony in-the-ear MDR-W08.  They were about $10
at Wal-Mart or Target.  The model number may be different now as these
are about 10 years old.  I've used them for 48h contests without any
discomfort.  They are only useful for single-op, as they let it WAY too
much room noise to use at a Multi.  I used some Senheisers at K0RF last
weekend, and my ears hurt after about 2 hours.

Barry W2UP

On 11/30/2011 11:07 AM, Collins, Graham wrote:
> I have tried all sorts of different headphones for CW work, some good, some
> not so good.
>
> Lately I have tried a good pair of Sennheiser "earbud" type. Good sound,
> worked very well but I found them uncomfortable after a while. I gave them to
> my grandson and he loves them for use with his iPod.
>
> So, the search is on and at the moment I am considering the Sennheiser HD280
> or the Sony MDR7506. I am leaning towards the Sony.
>
> So, comments, suggestions, recommendations from the masses?
>
> Cheers, Graham ve3gtc

Barry Kutner, W2UP             Lakewood, CO