Re: [CQ-Contest] Two Reasons Why Assisted and Unassisted Should Be Merge

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Two Reasons Why Assisted and Unassisted Should Be Merged
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2011 06:25:38 -0500
The real point is that people can choose which class to enter,
maximizing the fun potential *for them*.  To date, the majority of the
top competitive operators have chosen the traditional Unassisted
category, and I hazard the guess that this is because they regard
unassisted S&P as an important skill they bring to the table.  I can't
imagine why any contest sponsor should want to merge the two classes.

73, Pete N4ZR

The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com
reversebeacon.blogspot.com,
spots at telnet.reversebeacon.net, port 7000 AND now
at arcluster.reversebeacon.net port 7000