Re: [CQ-Contest] Remote Control in Contests

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Remote Control in Contests
From: "Paul Mackanos - K2DB" <k2db@k2db.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2012 17:32:22 -0400
How do you know if a station is remote? Here is a case in point:

This is Paul, K2DB and I do run a remote station. If I am in a contest, and
I work you, how do you know if I am remote or not? How do you know if I am
physically present at the rig or at home, 150 miles away running the rig
remotely?

The quick answer is "you don't have a clue". You work me and put me in your
log, right ?

I think thread this is just like skimmer, everyone is afraid of those who
use the new technologies, because somewhere in their minds, they think we
are cheating.

No, we are having FUN and that is what it all about. Why don't you naysayers
just go do something that is FUN and leave those of us that are having FUN,
do our thing.

I have a favorite saying, "do you want some cheese with that whine?"

Paul K2DB

p.s. I run remote 99.9% of the time, you guess which .1% I don't. If you
don't want to work a remote station, don't call me if you hear me. I won't
be disappointed to not talk to a naysayer, it won't bother me a bit.

Have a great day.