Re: [CQ-Contest] To cut or not to cut?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] To cut or not to cut?
From: "Michael D. Adams" <mda@ab1od.org>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 15:08:33 -0400
In WPX, the only cut numbers I used were leading T's.   However, there
were times that I felt like not using cut numbers was excessive /
discourteous to the other station -- the "when in Rome..." phenomenon,
I guess.

Personally, I didn't have a problem with leading A's and T's, or
trailing T's and N's when the signals were strong.  A couple of
stations used cut numbers "in the middle", which I found a little
headache-inducing.

When responding to a repeat, or when sending number 599, 1599, 2599,
etc., I think using the full number would be better.
--
Michael D. Adams (AB1OD)
Poquonock, Connecticut | mda@ab1od.org