Re: [CQ-Contest] To cut or not to cut?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] To cut or not to cut?
From: Ktfrog007@aol.com
Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 13:00:30 -0400 (EDT)
The most egregious misuse of cut numbers I've ever heard was by 4T100MP in
2011. Some ops there sent 4T1TTMP as their call sign. No kidding.

I always find cut numbers to be a problem. Europeans use  them more than
anyone else. I didn't know about N1MM's conversion of a cut  number to the
real McCoy. I'll learn to use that feature. There are many  mysteries of N1MM.

Also, I quit sending leading zeros about 2 hours into the WPX this  year.
Just decided it was a bad practice. Never again.  For zeros  which are part
of the number, I send a zero.

73,
Kermit, AB1J

In a message dated 5/31/2012 2:59:27 P.M. GMT Standard Time,