Re: [CQ-Contest] KP2MM Disqualified in ARRL CW 2012

To: "'Dick Green WC1M'" <wc1m73@gmail.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] KP2MM Disqualified in ARRL CW 2012
From: "Randy Thompson K5ZD" <k5zd@charter.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2012 00:46:58 -0000
While we dance around the idea of angels, "assistance", and some rules being
more rules than others...

What if the op had spent many hours running outside the USA phone band.
E.g., KP2MM running while transmitting on 7050.  Or 14145. Is this different
than simply operating outside the ops license class? Would that be an
offense worthy of DQ?  Or should those out of band QSOs simply be removed as
the operator making an innocent mistake?

Randy, K5ZD