Re: [CQ-Contest] Estimating arrival angles?

To: CQ Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Estimating arrival angles?
From: Zack Widup <w9sz.zack@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 08:14:51 -0500
You would need at least two separate antennas and the ability to
measure the phase angle between the signals received by the two
antennas. When I was in grad school in college in radio science, we
used a modified Adcock array, which consisted of two rows of antennas
arranged in a "V." We had 17 antennas in the array. If my memory is
correct, we used three antennas at any given moment to make a
measurement, the one at the point of the "V" and two more antennas
equidistant from the one at the apex.  The system had to be
calibrated, and then an analog computer measured the phase angles.

73, Zack W9SZ