Re: [CQ-Contest] WPX and LOTW

To: 'Oliver Dröse' <droese@necg.de>, "'Timothy Coker'" <n6win73@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] WPX and LOTW
From: "Bill Parry" <bparry@rgv.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 15:11:22 -0500
I guess that my original idea was that of comparing the relative value of
the certificate. The two certificates that I value most are 5BWAZ and DXCC.
Now 5BWAZ certificate requires only 200 confirmations for this premier
certificate.  The #1 DXCC requires a little more than 330. At .12 per
confirmation this is FAR FAR less than the cost of the WPX award. I am sure
that some folks think that the WPX is a very valuable award.

To this end the records I keep for DXCC and WAZ are both very careful. I
frankly don't keep records or cards for WPX, so the idea that I would send
these cards to a checker is out of the question. I think the 24 - 40 dollars
is a good value for these two certificates, while $200 - 300
 For WPX...not so much.

This is of course my opinion, and it may be very different than yours.

Bill W5VX