Re: [CQ-Contest] LOTW and Contest Logs

To: "'Bill Parry'" <bparry@rgv.rr.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] LOTW and Contest Logs
From: "Edward Sawyer" <SawyerEd@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 16:20:30 -0500
It seems to me that if LOTW focused on being a clearinghouse initially and a
validator only when DXCC was applied for...it would be quite easy.

Have CQ or ARRL submit only the "final logs" to LOTW. If a log is DQ'd it
won't come, if a QSO is bad it won't come, only validated Qs come. If a
current LOTW user has already uploaded their logs, overwrite those Qs with
the final ones.

Then be sure that the "licensed operation" that is associated with that log
has been accepted as a valid DXCC operation just like is done with paper
QSLs.

I don't see how hard that would be.

The irony of the current system of LOTW is that if 2 people "fake" that a
QSO happened in LOTW, it is recorded as happening.  In a validated contest
log, it has a much higher chance of being "outed" or "verified from a
recording and removed".  Which process is more "high integrity"?

Ed  N1UR