Re: [CQ-Contest] Big Gun hogging two frequencies (K3KU complaint)

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Big Gun hogging two frequencies (K3KU complaint)
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 12:38:48 -0700

I have to disagree there. Ten seconds in a major contest is plenty long enough to check for an available frequency. I can pretty much guarantee that if I wait longer than that somebody will grab it before I do. I always ask twice if a frequency is open, and it does not take more than ten seconds to do that. Try it yourself while watching the clock.

However, if I start calling CQ and somebody jumps back in that clearly had the frequency before me, I move.

73,
Dave   AB7E