Re: [CQ-Contest] Big Gun hogging two frequencies (K3KU complaint)

To: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Big Gun hogging two frequencies (K3KU complaint)
From: Stan Stockton <wa5rtg@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 15:20:19 -0600
Dave,

Absolutely correct.

One thing I would add...  If you are trying to copy an exchange and someone
comes on and sends QRL? I find it is a good idea to respond to that
question immediately instead of waiting 10 seconds for the guy sending 15
WPM to complete his exchange.  The guy sending QRL? probably caused you to
have to ask for a repeat anyway.  Enduring another 10 seconds for a
complete repeat is better than taking the time to get rid of the guy who
asked, got no response, and then took your frequency.

No one really wants to talk about it, but since there are not enough slots,
even 300 hz wide, for everyone who would like to call CQ, it really comes
down to survival of the fittest, doesn't it?   If K3KU had a little pileup
of callers and was clicking them off one after the other when N6TR came
back to "his" frequency after his computer glitch delay, Tree would have
been looking for another frequency assuming he thought he could find one in
less time than he thought it would take to run Art off.

Stan, K5GO