Re: [CQ-Contest] Non-assisted & Assisted

To: Tõnno Vähk <tonno.vahk@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Non-assisted & Assisted
From: "Martin , LU5DX" <lu5dx@lucg.com.ar>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 19:09:59 -0300
Not only you are a great op. You really see what's best sport in the long
run (and in the short run too).
Despite the fact that organizers spend a great deal of effort trying to
catch packet cheaters, to some extent it is an exercise in futility.
They (the cheaters) DO know how to get away with it.
It's been proven that SOs mostly achieve higher scores than SO(A), so those
who still opt not to use DX clusters can do so, without any impact to their
operation.
This debate is not about personal likes, it is about being able to say D
beat R and no unfair advantage was possible at all regarding chasing mults
because both are allowed to use DX alerting it if they want.

Hats off to you Tono!

Vy 73.

Martin, LU5DX

PS: Furthermore, WRTC arbitrary diminishes the chances of SOAB(A) in favor
of SO. You can get more points doing a partial effort SOAB than if you
sitck your "rear end" to the chair for 48 hours straight. Makes no sense,
some of those could have taken unfair advantage and remain undetected, even
if its for just one mult. How did WRTC CC concluded a SOAB(A) effort is
worth .08 of a SOAB? I certainly cannot answer that. It is like if your
chances to qualify were based upon the category you choose, not the efforts
you make...weird. There has been a lot of "category jumping" and
speculation to avoid direct competition, which really sucks to say the
least. But well... rules are rules.