Re: [CQ-Contest] Non-Assisted vs. Assisted

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Non-Assisted vs. Assisted
From: RT Clay <rt_clay@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 13:21:08 -0800 (PST)
> From: Martin , LU5DX <lu5dx@lucg.com.ar>
> Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Non-Assisted vs. Assisted
> To: "Rex Maner" <k7qq@netzero.net>
> Cc: "Joe" <nss@mwt.net>, cq-contest@contesting.com
> Date: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 2:20 PM
> Be sure that is NOT how cheaters
> proceed.
> They turn on the cluster probably in a different PC via
> remote desktop in
> some distant country or QTH, even in their smart phones.
> The still manually scan the band up and down following the
> same pattern
> unassisted ops follow.

I am really not following this whole assisted/unassisted debate, but just have
one small comment (for those who analyze frequencies in logs): Don't assume all
unassisted ops follow a linear search pattern. When I operate S&P (unassisted)
for example I pick out stations on a SDR panadapter most of the time rather
than turning a knob. So the qso's I make may sometimes hop around the band and
not be in any particular frequency order.

Tor
N4OGW