Re: [CQ-Contest] Improving voice recordings for phone contests

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Improving voice recordings for phone contests
From: Katsuhiro Kondou <kondou@voyackey.net>
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2013 09:57:10 +0900 (JST)
In article <51388874.1060705@contesting.com>,
        Pete Smith N4ZR <n4zr@contesting.com> wrote,
        on "Thu, 07 Mar 2013 07:30:44 -0500";

> Before last weekend's contest, I had a chance to experiment a bit with
> my voice recordings.  One of the problems I have always had is that
> when I try to enunciate clearly I always slow down, and the resulting
> recording lacks the urgency you expect in a contest situation. I also
> always notice stations whose recorded and live audio don't sound
> anything alike, and wanted to minimize that as much as possible.

This may be due to my enounciation, but during the contest I was
sometimes told by US stations that speak slowly.  So I often try
to do so intentinally.  And in my experiance, comparing my voice
with voice keyer, voice keyer gets better callback rate than mine.
The tempo from the keyer is slower.  YMMV.
--
Katsuhiro "Don" Kondou, JH5GHM|JH1GBZ