Re: [CQ-Contest] Improving voice recordings for phone contests

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Improving voice recordings for phone contests
From: Pete Smith N4ZR <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2013 21:19:21 -0500
Hi Don - I think maybe I should have made it clear that my suggestions were intended only, or at least principally, for native speakers of English. You're smart to evaluate what works better for you, and then to tailor your approach accordingly.

I know it is much harder to slow down, in any language, when you're excited. Perhaps you could add some additional recorded messages to your inventory, like a "repeat exchange message", for example. Of course, that will be hard in the WPXSSB with serial numbers. While N1MM Logger has a facility for advanced voicing of serial numbers, which adds the tens, hundreds and thousands to the bare numbers, I have not experimented with those to learn if I can make the voicing as intelligible as my own speech.

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network at
http://reversebeacon.net,
blog at reversebeacon.blogspot.com.